What is laser dentistry?
It is the use of laser energized water to safely and conservatively perform dental procedures. The laser energy is used in conjunction with a spray of atomized water to gently and precisely removes a wide range of human tissue including tooth enamel and soft tissue (gum) without heat or needles and anesthesia. The laser can make cavity preparations, numb teeth and gums, and remove soft tissue without needles or numb feeling. It can also help relieve painful canker sores and herpes by accelerating their healing. Dental Lasers are a safe and effective alternative to many invasive procedures. Dr. Duke is fully accredited by the Academy of Laser Dentistry and has been using them in her practice for several years.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- No needles or numbness in most cases.
- Kids won’t chew their lip and you can eat right away
- The laser’s pinpoint accuracy precisely allows our dentist to leave as much healthy tooth structure as possible. Gently performs numerous soft tissue (gum) procedures with little or no bleeding.
What procedures can be performed with laser?
- Aids in removal of decay
- Gum recontouring
- Relieve canker sores/herpes and accelerate their healing
- Cavity preparations
- Soft tissue procedures
- Laser Bacterial Reduction Therapy to aid in reducing Periodontal Disease
- expose partially erupted wisdom teeth