Gum and Bone disease are the primary causes of adult tooth loss. They are bacterial infections which infect the gums and bone; release pus into the mouth causing bad breath; release pus and bacteria into the bloodstream causing heart disease and lung disease. Additionally they exacerbate Diabetes and makes insulin control difficult.
If your gums are tender or bleeding, chances are you have gum disease!
Don’t wait until it hurts! We Can Help.
- Gums that bleed when you brush your teeth
- Gums are red, swollen or tender
- Gums have pulled away (receded) from teeth
- Pus between teeth and gums when gums are pressed
- Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
- Change in the way your teeth fit when biting
- Any change in fit of partial dentures
- Persistent bad breath
Bone Disease a.k.a Periodontal Disease
- Is a bacterial infection which attacks the bone causing the teeth to loosen and fall out
- Is contagious
- PAINLESS UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE!
Stages of Gum and Bone Disease
- When your gums are healthy, they’re pink and firm
- Your gums are tender, reddish and may bleed when you brush
- Your gums start to pull away from your teeth, leaving a gap or pocket
- Harmful bacteria build up, gums get more irritated, infected and may bleed
- Your teeth get more sensitive because more root is exposed
- Bacteria spread, you lose gum tissue and bone support the teeth
- Gums pull farther away, pockets get deeper
- Your teeth get loose, shift and can fall out